A subject I've enjoyed studying this semester

I don't know if it counts like a subject, but on this semester, I've joined on an investigation laboratory to starts my unity of investigation, which belongs to my study plan. 
There I'm on charge of a PhD student who works on his thesis making transgenic plants, using techniques of genetic modification with bacteria in plants, developing resilient plants to saline culture, looking for the genes responsible in the stress on them when they are cultivated in this type of medium, in models of Arabidopsis, tomatoes, kiwi, and tobacco.
In the lab I learned how works genetic engineering; and techniques for add genes inside the genome of some organisms, in vitro culture and DNA and RNA extraction.
I like this lab because I learned the process to transform plants for the interest of the researcher, and that involve adding the vector with the gene of interest on different types of bacteria, there works with E. Coli and Agrobacterium tumefaciens, and transform the model of plant by agrobacterium on different forms depending of the plant, for example there transforms Arabidopsis adding agrobacterium with the vector on their flowers, and kiwi on in vitro techniques with agrobacterium on explants.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Why did I choose biochemistry?